Issue with condition tags with spaces not being quoted

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Issue with condition tags with spaces not being quoted

Post by oceanclub »

I've set up condition tags, most of which have spaces in them and work fine. If I exclude such a condtion tag in the target, it is wrapped in quotes:

Code: Select all

ConditionTagExpression="exclude["Dublin.Condition Tag " 
etc.

These work fine. However, I just tried excluding another such tag and when I performed a build, got an error:

"Internal error: Invalid token (Only)"

When I check the target with a text editor, I see:

Code: Select all

ConditionTagExpression="exclude[Dublin.Condition Tag Only or "Dublin.Condition Tag" 
etc.

For some reason, this condition tag is not wrapped with " ... " characters. It was set up exactly the sames, so I'm not sure why this is happening.

I then thought I would try editing the target file using a text editor and inserting the " tags myself. But then when I open the target file in Flare, I get:

Failed to load persistent dialog settings: Conditions Parser: Line: 1. Char: 23. Invalid Token (Only)

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: OK I figured this out; the name of the condition tag had a non-breaking space, not a normal space in it; presumably I was accidentally holding the Shift key as I typed it. I just changed it to a normal space and everything works.

P.
Paulie
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Issue with condition tags with spaces not being quoted

Post by Paulie »

Hi there. I'd report that to MadCap support if I were you. It sounds like a bug.
"In an ideal world, software should be simple, well designed, and completely intuitive to end users. In the real world, good documentation is king."
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by oceanclub »

Just as a follow-up, I notice I also get this error when occasionally, Flare for some reason does not wrap a condition with spaces in the ConditionTagExpression of a target with " marks.

The fix is to open the target in a text editor and look for conditions with spaces which are not wrapped, then wrap then.

For example, change:

ConditionTagExpression="exclude[Conditions.Widget Only or Conditions.AcmeOnly...

..to:

ConditionTagExpression="exclude["Conditions.Widget Only" or Conditions.AcmeOnly...
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Would it be too much pain for you to replace the spaces with and underscore in the conditional tag set and then do a search and replace in your content to match?
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by oceanclub »

ChoccieMuffin wrote:Would it be too much pain for you to replace the spaces with and underscore in the conditional tag set and then do a search and replace in your content to match?
I figured this way was safer - only updating 1 file rather than possibly hundreds.

P.