Single sourcing within one type of output

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Leanne
Jr. Propeller Head

Single sourcing within one type of output

Post by Leanne »

Hello!

I'm creating a new Flare project (html 5 - top navigation), and I'm wondering if the following is possible, and if so, how.

I have a home page in my project that contains two menu options, representing our two types of customers. I would like them to click this, and than enter a page with content specific for them.
Most of the content that is behind these buttons is similar, however, I have a few instances where there is a different label, image, or an extra sentence for only one of these client groups.

These different texts should be in the same output (we have one url available, and we have clients who use both options).

Is it possible to single source this with conditional tags? Or is there another way to only write the texts once, but with these minor differences?

I'm new to Flare, so any help is welcome!

Thanks,
Leanne
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Single sourcing within one type of output

Post by NorthEast »

Yes, it's possible using snippet conditions.
http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/flare ... conditions

For example, say there's an Introduction topic which is similar for both customers.

- Create a snippet Introduction.flsnp and add the content for the topic.
- Use conditions in the snippet to mark the content that's applicable only for each customer, e.g. Customer.A and Customer.B.

- Create two topics for the introduction, one for each customer; e.g. Introduction_A.htm and Introduction_B.htm, and add them to your TOC.
- Inset the Introduction.flsnp snippet in each topic.
- In Introduction_A.htm, set the Snippet Conditions in topic properties to exclude the Customer.B condition. Then in Introduction_B.htm, do the same to exclude the Customer.A condition.

Note - In v11 and earlier, it's only possible to set a snippet condition at the topic level, i.e. you'd need to insert the snippet in two separate topics, like above. However, if you're using v12, you can set the snippet condition per individual snippet, i.e. you could insert two variations of the snippet within a single topic if you wanted.
Leanne
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Leanne »

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for!
Leanne
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Leanne »

I have one more question, related to my earlier question.

Say I've created a snippet Introduction
I've put the snippet in topic Introduction A & Introduction B
I've added both topics to their relevant place in the TOC, but changed the name in the TOC back to just Introduction

Does this screw up my menu (I'm using top navigation) and breadcrumbs?

In other words, do I have to use unique names in the TOC, otherwise breadcrumbs won't work correctly?

I hope this makes sense..