Printing XML Editor view complete

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Techno
Sr. Propeller Head

Printing XML Editor view complete

Post by Techno »

I'm hoping this is the correct place to ask.

Our project contains a great deal of Conditional Text since one of its main primary purposes is to provide help for Windows and Mac versions of the main software.

For checking purposes, I would like to be able to print everything I see of a single Topic, on screen, in the XML Editor, regardless of Conditions.

Is there any easy way to do this. Even if I select all, I don't even get the images in the Topic printed.

George
George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Printing XML Editor view complete

Post by Nita Beck »

Couple of ways to achieve what you're after. (I don't have access to Flare at the moment, so bear with me.)

When you preview a topic, Flare will default to showing you the topic as applicable to the primary target. The Preview window has a toolbar button with which you can select or clear different conditions, in order to view the topic with different conditions applied. So you could just clear all of the conditions -- or the relevant ones -- thereby getting you the view you seek. (I might not be remembering things correctly, but the Preview might even let you select a specific target, although that won't get you what you seek, unless... See next idea.)

Having to select and clear the conditions each time you preview will probably get annoying, which brings me to my second idea. Make a copy of one of your online targets and call it "Preview_All" and then set that target's conditions in such a way that you'll achieve what you're after. Then set that target as the primary target. Now when you preview, the Preview window will show you the stuff you want to see.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Techno
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Printing XML Editor view complete

Post by Techno »

Hi Nita,

2nd attempt to reply. Tried what you suggested and no joy.

Created a TOC and Target to Word with no Conditions for just the one Topic, and was a step closer.

Ideally what I'd like is what you see here from using SnagIt. (Albeit the full page!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.