Large Snippets Break Conditionalization (Flare 12 Bug)

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Cwestpha
Propeller Head

Large Snippets Break Conditionalization (Flare 12 Bug)

Post by Cwestpha »

I've discovered (and reported) a bug in Flare v12 in which conditionalization is completely ignored in snippets that reach a certain size. I am not sure of the threshold, but it is somewhere north of 200 lines of code. In my case the snippet is hundreds of rows of LIs containing short spans, each uniquely conditionalized and tagged with a concept.

In an affected project, conditionalized text beyond the threshold will bleed into topics even if the snippet conditions would ordinarily filter them out.

The work around is to split your content into child snippets and either insert them in sequence in the topics or in the original snippet. My original snippet was over 400 lines so I had to break it into three child snippets.
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Large Snippets Break Conditionalization (Flare 12 Bug)

Post by ajturnersurrey »

Interested to read this. Thought I was imagining things when conditions inside some snippets had stopped working in some cases. Initially I thought they were not working at all, only to find that they were still working fine in other places... it makes sense to say that there is a size dependency involved.