Image Conditions vs. output folder

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Matze
Sr. Propeller Head

Image Conditions vs. output folder

Post by Matze »

Hi all,

I´ve a topic with two images:
The first image is released and will be used for the current help. In the topic the image has no conditions.
The second image is like the first one but has some minor changes. It is not released and will be used for the next release. Therefore it has the condition "DoNotPublish". With this condition all content will be excluded. Works fine so far.

But unfortunately I find the image with the DoNotPublish condition also in the output folder.

When I put the DoNotPublish condition additionally on the image, it is not in the image output folder.

Question: Do I really have to put a additionally condition on an image. When I will change the condition in the topic for the future release and forget my image condition, the image will not be displayed :shock:
MattyQ
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Image Conditions vs. output folder

Post by MattyQ »

Matze wrote:Question: Do I really have to put a additionally condition on an image. When I will change the condition in the topic for the future release and forget my image condition, the image will not be displayed :shock:
Hi, Matze,

You do, unfortunately/fortunately.

When you add conditional tags to content within a topic, you are only affecting the content within the topic, no files that are attached to it (whether an image, the content of a linked script, etc.). This is true of the table of contents, too. When you add condition tags to TOC entries, those condition tags do not directly affect the files that the entries correspond to.

I think part of the advantage of this is, for example, if you have the same image in two different topics -- you may want to exclude the image in one of those topics, but keep it in the other. In that case, you wouldn't want excluding the image in the one topic to have any effect on the other.

That said, stuff like this is always a good reminder that if you don't want an image, topic, script, or any other type of file to appear in your output, you need to be sure to apply a condition tag directly to that file.
Matze
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Image Conditions vs. output folder

Post by Matze »

Thx a lot for your point of view - you´re right :)