New ideas for reusing content for training slides?

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
kfcatvera
Propeller Head

New ideas for reusing content for training slides?

Post by kfcatvera »

The existing topics in this forum are a little old. Has anyone come up with new and interesting options for enabling curriculum developers to single-source content for slides?
jwalther
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: New ideas for reusing content for training slides?

Post by jwalther »

I'm actually starting that conversation with a group of people here on Wednesday. 2 of them think slides need to be stand alone and that Flare is only used for online help. My supervisor and I disagree. I'm not sure about the slides yet, but I do have exercises linked to help files in a CHM file that we can place on each individual training machine. Once I have everyone convinced that is the way to get started, I will need to figure out how to create slides---if we still need them--from content in Flare rather than updating each deck alone. they are all slightly different but have a common core of about 100 out of 130 slides.
rettadavis
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: New ideas for reusing content for training slides?

Post by rettadavis »

Hi - I'm also interested in doing this at my workplace. Keen to hear anyone's insights into this - especially any challenges they've encountered along the way and how they were resolved. I setup a similar system at a previous workplace with FrameMaker that used conditional txt to identify training content and then output to training-specific landscape page layouts with content styles designed to look like standard PPT heading styles. Worked a treat and I'm keen to implement a similar system within my current Flare projects.