Linking between multiple targets/outputs

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
pattersonpatterson
Jr. Propeller Head

Linking between multiple targets/outputs

Post by pattersonpatterson »

Hi all, completely new here, new to Madcap, and I have a very short time to generate a fairly robust single source prototype :shock:

Basically my project:
I have a set of subsystems which sometimes contain the same equipment but with slightly different troubleshooting procedures and variables. I've figured out how to use conditional tags and multiple targets to get the job done; however, I'm at a loss for linking them all together from the home/landing page. I can see how I could manually generate a landing page in the output folder that links into each of the outputs, but is there not some way to generate that landing page and link it up to each of the outputs inside Flare? And would the search continue to search through all outputs?

So in short, viewing the primary would take you to a landing page and from the landing page you'd be able to navigate to the other outputs (and the search would search all outputs... not sure if that's possible or not).

I tried to do the linking in the TOCs but trying to link between project targets just removes my TOC entry in the output... not sure what that's about.
Would appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance!
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Linking between multiple targets/outputs

Post by devjoe »

If you are using top nav output, linking projects via TOC entries won't work. This is one of the many drawbacks of top nav; it's really only designed for small help systems and doesn't support features like merging output used in large projects. Switch to tripane and that will work as advertised.