How to apply Condition Tags to multiple topics

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Duncan
Jr. Propeller Head

How to apply Condition Tags to multiple topics

Post by Duncan »

Do you know if its possible to apply a conditional tag to multiple topics simultaneously?
I have a help project that contains over one thousand topics none of which are tagged. I need to create a subset of this help file aimed at a specific user type; broadly speaking the product the help file accompanies (a toolkit) has 3 user types developers, administrators and end users, and most of the topics fit into one of these categories which means that in most cases I can apply a conditional tag at topic level to get the output I need. However, I can't see a way to do a multiple select of topics and then apply a condition, which means that I'm faced with the time consuming prospect of applying all these tags individually in the Content Explorer. Any ideas on how to solve this?
Duncan
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: How to apply Condition Tags to multiple topics

Post by Nita Beck »

You have two options (*I think*; I'm going on memory)-

In the Content Explorer, use the Show/Hide Files button on the toolbar (I think it's the second from the left) to split the explorer into two panes. Then you can multi-select in the right plane.

Use the File List. I know that you can select multiple adjacent files, but not sure if you can mulit-select non-adjacent files.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Duncan
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: How to apply Condition Tags to multiple topics

Post by Duncan »

Thanks Nita - problem solved.
Multi-select and tag application can be easily administered using either option.
Duncan