Cannot make thumbnails display in full in print targets

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
kerimucci
Propeller Head

Cannot make thumbnails display in full in print targets

Post by kerimucci »

Hello,

I've applied the img.Thumbnail class to my larger images throughout my project. They looks great in my HTML5 target, but I'd like the images to display at their expanded size in Word and PDF targets. I've set my img.Thumbnail class Thumbnail property to None, but the images are still being shown in my print output as thumbnails. Am I missing something or do I need to take two sets of screenshots and use conditions to cater for print and online targets?

Thanks,
Keri
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Re: Cannot make thumbnails display in full in print targets

Post by trent the thief »

Hi,

Open your stylesheet in the internal text editor. Look for your image thumbnail style in the "@media print" section.

Make sure it has something like this:

mc-thumbnail: none;
max-width: 5.5in;

Set the max-width as you need for your hardcopy.

You can also reach that from GUI stylesheet editor with the Medium setting on the stylesheet's toolbar. max-width is located in the Unclassified section if you view the stylesheet in the GUI editor. I find it very handy to view them as text.
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare:
kerimucci
Propeller Head

Post by kerimucci »

Thanks, Trent.

Rather than use one CSS for print and online content, I have one for each at the moment. This is just because my manager originally said he wasn't bothered about print targets, so I created my project using the online template and updated the CSS as such.

My Word and PDF targets are assigned to my print-specific CSS and I have added the properties you mentioned for my thumbnail class, but am still not seeing the correct results. I am wondering if I need to create a print medium in my online CSS and add it there, so everything is in one place?
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

kerimucci wrote:Thanks, Trent.

Rather than use one CSS for print and online content, I have one for each at the moment. This is just because my manager originally said he wasn't bothered about print targets, so I created my project using the online template and updated the CSS as such.

My Word and PDF targets are assigned to my print-specific CSS and I have added the properties you mentioned for my thumbnail class, but am still not seeing the correct results. I am wondering if I need to create a print medium in my online CSS and add it there, so everything is in one place?
That really shouldn't make any difference. Flare doesn't care where it gets its instructions from.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
kerimucci
Propeller Head

Post by kerimucci »

OK, there seems to be a bug there. It wasn't until I removed the image from my topic and then inserted it again and applied the thumbnail class that it displayed as defined in my CSS. At least it is working now.
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Post by trent the thief »

Take a look in both of those CSS's in the text editor to see is Flare made a change you weren't expecting. Do you look at the html at all? Just curious.
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare:
kerimucci
Propeller Head

Post by kerimucci »

Yes, I do look at the CSS in both the Stylesheet Editor and the Internal Text Editor. Everything looks as it should at the moment and is working fine now. :)