One HTML5 project, multiple logos?

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
squeen7
Jr. Propeller Head

One HTML5 project, multiple logos?

Post by squeen7 »

I'm not sure if this has been asked elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find the answer in the forums so far.

I am trying to figure out the best way to handle the following scenario:
I have a project that needs to be white-labeled for access by multiple clients. The content is exactly the same for all clients, but the logo that displays needed to be changed depending on who is viewing the content (as of right now, branding colors aren't being considered).

I've thought about creating a skin for each target with the proper logo and changing the skin selected when I generate the target until I have all the different white-labeled versions I need. However, this seems cumbersome to host like 5 Web Helps with the exact same content except for the branding. Is there a way for Flare to handle something like this or would I need to find an outside solution (like hiring a coder or something)?

Any ideas you guys have is greatly appreciated.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: One HTML5 project, multiple logos?

Post by NorthEast »

Hosting 5 different sites is quite easy, it's not expensive, and it's pretty much foolproof. It's probably what I would do.
It also gives you flexibility - e.g. if you ever need to publish slightly different content to each site.

Using just Flare (without help of a developer), you can open a Flare output and specify a different skin; e.g.

Code: Select all

Default.htm#cshid=identifier&skinName=SkinOne
Default.htm#cshid=identifier&skinName=SkinTwo
(Make sure on the target Advanced tab, you select Generate all skins.)

Provided the client opens the link with that URL, it'll show the correct skin, and stick with that skin as you browse the site.
However, that's not a terribly robust solution - it'd be easy for a client to modify the URL and see the 'default' skin, e.g. they share/save a link and remove the &skinName=xxx bit.

If you want a single site and a more robust solution, then you'd need to figure out how you're going to handle that.