Can "see" index entries be conditional?

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Fiona
Sr. Propeller Head

Can "see" index entries be conditional?

Post by Fiona »

I know that index entries can be made conditional when they relate to a specific topic, but what about index entries that are "see" links?

Aim: I want the following index entries:
[*]In PDF: Set function.....see Setting function
[*]In HTML5: Set function (SALT).....see Setting function (SALT)

I can create these as two separate index entries and I have different conditions set up for PDF and HTML5 output, but I can't find a way of applying the conditions to index entries that are "see" links (I can successfully apply them to index entries that relate to keywords in topics).

Has anyone had/solved this issue?
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Can "see" index entries be conditional?

Post by Psider »

You could try adding each index entry to the topic so it has its own MadCap:keyword entry, then apply a condition to each one. I don't know if the conditions are honoured in the output, but it seems worth a try.
Condition-index-entry.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fiona
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Fiona »

Thanks Psider but they don't relate to a specific topic and I don't want there to be clickable links, just standard "see" links. In my example I have numerous sub-topics under "Setting function" and I just want the "Set function" entry to refer people to the Setting function in the index.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

Oh, sorry, I misread what you were trying to do. Hmm, I wonder if you could manually edit the index file? I'll have a poke around.