Entire topic conditionned through "Body"

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
LouisPM
Jr. Propeller Head

Entire topic conditionned through "Body"

Post by LouisPM »

Hello, I inherited a legacy project, and after building it, I noticed that a whole topic has been conditionned as let's say [product1], with only little chunks being left untouched here and there. That's a real problem when building for [product2] content. Now, I want to remove the condition from the body, but when I right-click the "body" box on the left side of the Flare Editor, no contextual menu is displayed as it is with other content.

I looked at the CSS stylesheet, but the body is not conditionned (I don't believe you can actually do that anyway...). My issue really stems from the "body" level in a specific topic. The other tech writer whom I think last work on this topic has no clue as to how this might have happened. Any idea how to neutralize this body condition? Thank you for any help you can provide.

I use MadCap Flare 2019 64-bit, v15.0.7081.30245.
I use MadCap Flare 2019.
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Entire topic conditionned through "Body"

Post by doloremipsum »

If there is a condition on the body it should show up in the text editor for that topic. Open the topic in the text editor and delete the MadCap:conditions phrase from the <body> tag.

If that phrase isn't there, it may be a style class that is excluded from that output, so delete that and check the result.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Entire topic conditionned through "Body"

Post by robdocsmith »

Check also the topic isn't conditioned in the TOC, and that the file itself isn't conditioned in the Content Explorer.
I'd look at the .fltoc file and the topic file in a text editor just to confirm there are no sneaky conditions being applied.

Cheers,

Rob