Title page: One image single sourced, another image variable

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Biowhiz
Jr. Propeller Head

Title page: One image single sourced, another image variable

Post by Biowhiz »

Dear Madfellows,

Please excuse me as I imagine this is a very basic question.

I am creating pdf outputs. I want to design a title page layout with two logos, one an output-specific logo (varies in each pdf output) while the other a company logo that is to be single sourced. The latter was easy as I just put the company logo in the page layout as an image frame. But I am stumped on how to add different logos for different outputs. Can someone please help me out?

Thanks so much.
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Title page: One image single sourced, another image vari

Post by Chicago_HPT »

There are a couple of different ways to do that. One way would be to use snippet conditions.
  • Create a conditional text condition for each output. You might want to create a separate "Snippet Conditions" condition tag set to keep things organized.
  • Create a snippet with all the different output logos and apply the appropriate condition to each image.
  • Insert the snippet with all the output logos in the page layout instead of inserting a single output logo.
  • And then, in the targets (presuming you have different targets for the outputs), you can specify which snippet conditions to exclude and/or include (you really only need to exclude the ones you don't want, though).
I hope that helps,
-jeff
Biowhiz
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Title page: One image single sourced, another image vari

Post by Biowhiz »

Thanks Jeff! I'll try that and update here.