Setting up single source project

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Jonas_s
Jr. Propeller Head

Setting up single source project

Post by Jonas_s »

Hi all!

I'm fairly new to MadCap Flare and I have been given the task of looking into creating a repository web-version (I have used top navigation output) out of an existing Flare project (a project already using global linking and a lot of conditions etc) The project has a different PDF targets for each product variant, using conditions to include/exclude content. The conditions used are all aimed to be filtered in the specific PDF target for the product.
I'm struggeling to get my head around what would be best practice to set up an online repository (single source for both offline & online) with the information that is already in the project. In this case I want to have all the information passed through the HTML target and then filter online "on the fly", not excluding/including in the target but through search or links, am I totally wrong here?
Are there any tutorials showing how to prepare a project for both targets?
I'm attaching a visual to show what I'm trying to do (could however be the wrong approach)
I apologize if this is a newbie question or too broad or in the wrong part of the forum, but I can't seem to find any tutorials explaining the thinking behind the set-up of a single-source project.

Best regards
/Jonas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.