Variable Names toggle not working

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
andy_smith
Propeller Head

Variable Names toggle not working

Post by andy_smith »

Somehow I have managed to switch off the display Variable Names toggle and I'm unable to switch it back on again.

I've not long ago completed the Flare Beginners course and I was pleased to discover the Toggle show tags button. In the process of experimenting with it I've managed to switch off the variable names and no matter what I do I can't get them to display again. I'm assuming I'm interpreting the dropdown menu correctly and the Variable Names check box is the toggle that should ensure I'm seeing the variables in the editor.

I've attached a screen shot. You might be able to see that the first two bullets are missing variables at the begging of each sentence. There are two other variables missing on the first and third lines at "the..via" and "Several..boards".
Variable Names toggle not working.png
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm on UK time (UTC+0). I work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so I may not see replies outside of those days.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Variable Names toggle not working

Post by NorthEast »

I can get the same to happen if I switch off Markers (like you have) and the variable definition is blank (if it's not blank, I see the variable text).

Switching Variable Names on/off only appears to do anything if Markers is on.

I'd suggest leaving Markers turned on.