PDF output - without mcbook or any other stuff

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
parsonsv
Sr. Propeller Head

PDF output - without mcbook or any other stuff

Post by parsonsv »

I want to include a series of PDF files with my help file. I want to access them from a page in the help, and I want to store them within the help. I decided that the best way to do this was to create targets and simply publish the PDF files to the folder within the help. This way, as the content in the help changes, I can recreate and publish the new PDFs easily, and I don't have to copy and paste them into my folder.

However, when I went this route, I also ended up with mcbook outputs, etc. I know what these are used for, but I don't want them. They aren't necessary for my end user, and I can simply open the PDF if I want to preview. Regardless, I was willing to allow them to remain - after all, what's the harm? Turns out, each of these outputs also has a resources folder that contains a copy of my css and table formats. Now, when I try to apply the css or table format to any topic in my help, I have to decide between four copies of each. Sigh. So, I can't just leave the output folder there.

Does anyone know a way I can simply publish straight PDF to a folder within my project, saving me from a cut and paste, without also publishing the mcbook?
Victoria Clarke