border on two of four topic toolbar icons in mobile output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
KJohnsonDBTK
Propeller Head

border on two of four topic toolbar icons in mobile output

Post by KJohnsonDBTK »

Hi,
I'm using the topic toolbar with the mobile output. I'm using four of the available toolbar buttons: CollapseAll, ExpandAll, NextTopic, and PreviousTopic. The Next and Previous buttons have a border around them. I can't find where that is being controlled. The Collapse and Expand buttons do not have borders. The border appears (on just Next and Previous) if I'm specifying an icon in the Mobile Skin, if I'm specifying a label, or if I'm specifying both. I've tried setting border-style to none in my CSS for img, a, and Madcap|topicToolbarProxy, but that doesn't do anything. Something else must be controlling those particular toolbar buttons. The order of the icons doesn't seem to matter either. No matter which order I use, the border only appears on Next and Previous. Anyone run into this before? Any ideas how to remove the borders?
Thanks
Kathleen
crdmerge
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: border on two of four topic toolbar icons in mobile output

Post by crdmerge »

I believe those bars are the Separator toolbar element, rather than borders. Check out the Selected column in the WebHelp Toolbar tab for the skin you're using.

Good luck,
Leon
KJohnsonDBTK
Propeller Head

Post by KJohnsonDBTK »

Thanks for the suggestion, however I'm not using the separator. The border is on all four sides, and it adjusts depending on the icon or text I use. Plus my layout is such that I've actually inserted four toolbar proxies (to create a vertical style toolbar rather than horizontal). I've tried rearranging the proxies, adding more, removing some, but the border only appears on those two, so I'm thinking something buried somewhere for those two particular buttons has a border. Perhaps I'll try a test project using all generic defaults and see if they have a border there as well.
KJohnsonDBTK
Propeller Head

Post by KJohnsonDBTK »

I'm still not sure exactly why it works as it does, but it is related to the value of img in the CSS. If the image border is on, then those two toolbar icons will have a border, but the others won't. Maybe the real problem is that the others should have a border applied to them but they don't. Maybe Expand and Collapse are the "broken" ones. If the image border is off, then none of them have borders. Since I need borders for my images in my content, I was able to create an img style rule applied only to the div ID holding my topic toolbar buttons.