WebHelp Mobile output without requiring JavaScript

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
Pernice
Propeller Head

WebHelp Mobile output without requiring JavaScript

Post by Pernice »

I need to be able to produce online help output for a web application, without frames or JavaScript.

WebHelp Mobile output doesn't have frames so that solves the frames issue.

Re JavaScript, in another post, Dave Lee says:
WebHelp Mobile will detect the browser being used and display the help in a basic or advanced view. I think the main difference is that the basic view doesn't appear to use javascript. This means that in the basic view, you don't get things like the search box, and drop-downs are expanded.
If I turn off JavaScript in Firefox and try to load the help, nothing loads. If I open the Default.htm file from the Basic folder, however, it loads fine. Is it detecting Firefox and assuming JavaScript is turned on (as it's a JavaScript-capable browser), rather than detecting whether JavaScript is turned on?

It would be nice for the right type of help (basic/advanced) to load according to whether the user has JavaScript enabled or not, but I can't seem to make this feature work. Any help appreciated.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: WebHelp Mobile output without requiring JavaScript

Post by NorthEast »

If that's how it appears to work, then I would raise it as an enhancement request.

If you don't need a javascript version though, just supply the help from the Basic folder.
Pernice
Propeller Head

Post by Pernice »

Yes, I think we will focus on just one version of help, the one without JavaScript from the Basic folder.
tomjohnson1492
Propeller Head

Post by tomjohnson1492 »

I was wondering what those Basic and Advanced folders were for in the output. Thanks for clarifying.
-------------
my blog/podcast: http://www.idratherbewriting.com