Output>WebHelp Mobile>default.htm blank;CSH calls don't work

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
gjthorn
Propeller Head

Output>WebHelp Mobile>default.htm blank;CSH calls don't work

Post by gjthorn »

Hello, I'm new to Flare...

I am trying to generate WebHelp Mobile output from my project (WebHelp is the primary target). The project has an alias file with working CSH links.

I created the WebHelp Mobile target, added the WebHelp Mobile default skin, added the alias file, generated the output...and when I open the default.htm file the browser page that opens is blank. Also, the option for the API to test the CSH calls is greyed out. Any clue what I may be missing here? Please advise if you need more info--would appreciate any and all assistance to figure this out, as I've been banging my head against it all day. Thanks very much.

Gary Thorn
Technical Writer, 42 Lines, Inc.
whunter
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Output>WebHelp Mobile>default.htm blank;CSH calls don't work

Post by whunter »

In the Mobile target, did you assign a master TOC and a master stylesheet? If you have multiple TOCs and stylesheets in your project, maybe the mobile output doesn't like something about the ones it is defaulting to.

(I don't have any particular insight here, other than I tried it in my system with these settings in addition to the ones you set, and it worked.)
gjthorn
Propeller Head

Post by gjthorn »

Yes, I assigned those.
whunter
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by whunter »

I should clarify -- it worked for me in that I didn't get a blank page for default.htm. Re the CSH calls, that option is greyed out for me too for the mobile output.
feitelberg
Propeller Head

Post by feitelberg »

In testing CSH calls I find that aliases and ID number work just fine, but a cshid to a file name does not. I just get a blank page as described in this thread. It looks like the feature does not work as advertised and it does not matter if the file is in a folder on the root or I link to anchor in the file or try to link to the whole file. Nothing works.

And that is true regardless of browser.
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ajturnersurrey »

Did this thread get anywhere?

I am in a similar position (on Flare 10): I have a webhelp output on which CSH calls work fine, but my webhelp mobile output is my primary target. 'Test CSH API calls ...' is greyed out for the webhelp mobile output. What else needs "switching on" to achieve CSH calls for webhelp mobile?

The material is there, the alias file and header. I even successfully assigned items in the alias file to my mobile skin by editing the text file (as the mobile skin doesn't show as an option in my dropdown). And this works as demonstrated by the webhelp output.