How to handle professional app help.

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
C_Nielsen
Propeller Head

How to handle professional app help.

Post by C_Nielsen »

I am working on a project for a product that will have an app available on a tablet device and will need documentation in some format. My question is, how do people working with professional apps commonly access the help?

One thing that makes this a bit tricky for me is that this product's app is not a stand alone app, it will be used simultaneously on the users tablet device (in a browser) and on their PC. So the question is how should we handle the help? Should it be accessible online only with the rest of the program's help content or have it accessible on their tablet?
sfoley
Propeller Head

Re: How to handle professional app help.

Post by sfoley »

C_Nielsen wrote:I am working on a project for a product that will have an app available on a tablet device and will need documentation in some format. My question is, how do people working with professional apps commonly access the help?

One thing that makes this a bit tricky for me is that this product's app is not a stand alone app, it will be used simultaneously on the users tablet device (in a browser) and on their PC. So the question is how should we handle the help? Should it be accessible online only with the rest of the program's help content or have it accessible on their tablet?
Your organization should consult a usability professional for these kinds of questions. :)

That being said, think about how your users will be interacting with your product. If the user could be using just a tablet or just a PC at any given time, help really needs to be available on each platform. If it's both at the same time, then you could probably get away with only making it available on one device or the other.