Hover Movies not working in WebHelp on IPhone

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
sleid
Propeller Head

Hover Movies not working in WebHelp on IPhone

Post by sleid »

Our WebHelp includes several SWF files created in MadCap Mimic. These files show screenshots and as the user moves his mouse over the screenshot, certain descriptions open that explain sections of the window. While testing our help files on my iPhone, I noticed that these files do not show at all.

Any ideas on how we can get these screenshots to show, or an alternative to this method for describing our user windows? This is a pretty popular section of our help, so I would like to create something similar if there isn't a way to make the SWF files work.

Thanks,
--Susan
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Hover Movies not working in WebHelp on IPhone

Post by NorthEast »

I don't own an iPhone, but aren't Apple infamous for not allowing the Flash (i.e. SWF) format on the iPhone/iPad?

I understand that the latest version Mimic V7 supports iOS, using the HTML5 output.
http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/ ... rview.aspx
madcapsoftware wrote:HTML5 Output

HTML5 can be viewed on any browser that supports HTML5 content and is often preferred over older outputs such as Flash. Create videos using the next-generation web technology, ideal for mobile devices including:

Apple® iPhone®, iPad® and other iOS devices
Microsoft® Surface® Tablet
Amazon® Kindle®
HP® Touchpad®
Android® Tablets
And many more

But I'm not sure if the outputs available in V6 (or earlier) will work.
sleid
Propeller Head

Re: Hover Movies not working in WebHelp on IPhone

Post by sleid »

Yes, thank you. This is correct. I know what I need to do now.