Various Mobile Output Questions

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
carrier_andrew
Jr. Propeller Head

Various Mobile Output Questions

Post by carrier_andrew »

I'm trying to do a couple of things:

1. Is there a way to align the Topic Toolbar to the right? I haven't been able to do so and I find having collapse/expand all and the home button all on the left makes things a little cluttered.
2. Is there a way to move the Home button somewhere else? This would help with Question 1.
3. Can search bar be added to Topics in mobile (In header or as QuickSearch button)

I think that's all for now, any help is greatly appreciated!
carrier_andrew
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Various Mobile Output Questions

Post by carrier_andrew »

I'm bumping this as I've yet to receive a response.

thanks
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Various Mobile Output Questions

Post by NorthEast »

1. In your stylesheet, try setting the MadCap|topicToolbarProxy to float:right;

Answers to 2 & 3 require some CSS and/or script knowledge on your part:

2. The header/toolbar is part of the topic, so it should be possible to re-style it directly from your stylesheet. You'd need to investigate what styles are used in the output, and then add definitions for these styles in your own stylesheet, with whatever modifications you require.

3. You could do this by adding your own search form to the topic (master page). On the form submit, use a script to open the Search.htm page and append the term entered in the search box as the query; i.e. it would open /mobile/Advanced/Resources/Search.htm?query=searchTerm

For example, this is a search query for 'Flare' on the MadCap knowledgebase:
http://kb.madcapsoftware.com/mobile/Advanced/Resources/Search.htm?query=flare