viewing smartphone preview not from inside Flare

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
jbananak
Propeller Head

viewing smartphone preview not from inside Flare

Post by jbananak »

Hi
When I view the mobile target from within Flare, it shows me the output in a smartphone emulator... If I open the default.htm file from the network where it is saved, on my PC, it opens in a regular browser window.
I need to send an example of the output to someone at work so they can "sell" the need for it to the bosses - but they want to see it in the format we see it in Flare (inside a "telephone"). How can I do that?

Thanks,
Joanna Krashniker
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: viewing smartphone preview not from inside Flare

Post by RamonS »

Chrome has some built in emulators. Start Chrome and press F12 to bring up the development tools. In the top bar you see first a spy glass glyph and next to it the mobile phone glyph. Click on it and you enter the mobile device emulator mode. At the top of the page you can select a device model. You get back to normal by clicking on the mobile phone glyph again and closing the dev tools. That should work for demo purposes. If that doesn't do the trick, look at Genymotion, the best Android emulator I came across.