home page is not visible on mobile output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
Nina
Jr. Propeller Head

home page is not visible on mobile output

Post by Nina »

Does the mobile output of Top Navigation HTML 5 skin only show navigational links instead of traditional desktop home page view? Please refer to the attached screen-shot.

(Forum MVP here: And in a separate thread, which has now been deleted, Nina asked "Both versions work perfectly, but the desktop home page does not appear a home page in mobile output. Please see the attached mobile home page screenshot. Do I need to do something additional for that? :(" Both threads showed the same screenshot.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: home page is not visible on mobile output

Post by Nita Beck »

Hi Nina. (Missed you at MadWorld this year, if I've got the right Nina!)

Your screenshot shows output generated from a WebHelp Mobile target, not output generated from a Top Nav target shown on a smartphone. Two different things. WebHelp Mobile was introduced several years before responsiveness, which Top Nav addresses, became all the rage in web design.

If you're going after Top Nav, in the Top Nav skin, be sure to address the "mobile" medium as well as the "web" and "tablet" mediums. When you generate output, you can view the output directly in Flare's built-in smartphone viewer (from the Build window's toolbar, select View Output > Smartphone), which will give you a fair approximation of how things will look. Alternatively, you can view the output in a browser but make that browser window narrow enough so that the mobile/smartphone breakpoint it is hit and the content and skin will "respond" to the narrowness.

If I've completely misunderstood your question, I'll try again. I'm still a big jet-lagged post conference. (Or maybe it's conference-lagged post flying...)

p.s. I've combined this thread with the other thread you started as they seem to be the same question...)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Nina
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Nina »

First of all thank you so much, Nita and sorry for my late response. Your mention of WebHelp Mobile target pointed me to the clue for my issue. I had customized the mobile and tablet medium in the HTML 5 Top Navigation skin, but it never showed up in generated mobile output. I did a lot of R&D (Pretty new to MCF) and finally, it dawned on me today that the HTML 5 Top Navigation does not need a separate build output for mobile (I thought WebHelp Mobile output = mobile output) :( . All I need to do is click View Primary -> View "Online Output/HTML 5 - Top Navigation" and select Smartphone. Voila, my website mobile customization showed up perfectly. :)
Thank you so much for taking time out to guide a newbie. By the way, I am not the Nina@MadWorld! :)
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Glad you got it all sorted out.

I have a special fondness for newbies, so you're in safe hands with me! Ask as many questions as you wish. And maybe someday you will be Nina from MadWorld!
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Nina
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Nina »

Thank you so much, Nita. I surely will post queries as and when I encounter them. Say my hello to Nina@Madworld, would love to learn this tool proficiently. :D