Text for mobile tablet output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
deeptikorwar
Sr. Propeller Head

Text for mobile tablet output

Post by deeptikorwar »

Hi,

I am working on the responsive topnav output and trying to publish desktop, mobile and tablet outputs. Other than using span classes for text such as Click vs Tap in my content is there any other way for example by using variables or other css approach so that the text changes based on the screen size?

Thanks,
Deepti
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Text for mobile tablet output

Post by NorthEast »

I'd suggest using neutral terminology that works for all devices.

The screen size is not a reliable way of determining whether a device has (or might have) touch capability; e.g. if I resize my desktop PC's browser screen, do you want it to say "tap" instead of "click"?
deeptikorwar
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by deeptikorwar »

That's right. Is there a style guide that I can refer to for mobile terminology.
I thought I could do with the word "select" to suit all screens, but the action, "select" on a desktop would refer to selecting text for copy/paste.
Also, right-click is supported on desktops but not on other devices.

Thanks,
Deepti
Hadrien
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Hadrien »

Dave Lee wrote:I'd suggest using neutral terminology that works for all devices.

The screen size is not a reliable way of determining whether a device has (or might have) touch capability; e.g. if I resize my desktop PC's browser screen, do you want it to say "tap" instead of "click"?
Right I agree with you and thanks for sharing it