Merged TOC breaks Previous and Next buttons in CHM output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
stealth94rt
Propeller Head

Merged TOC breaks Previous and Next buttons in CHM output

Post by stealth94rt »

I was recently working on a project (Project A) that uses a merged TOC to incorporate the output from another CHM file (Project B) at the bottom of Project A's TOC. I discovered that the Previous / Next buttons no longer work for the Project A portion of the TOC. They don't activate until you go into the Project B portion of the TOC.

I did a support call with Madcap, but we were unable to solve it, so I zipped the project and sent it to them for further analysis. In parallel, I have been poking around in the project to see if I could find the problem, without any luck until today. This morning I had the idea to remove the Project B entry from the TOC, and now the Previous / Next buttons are active for the Project A output.

Is there a bug in Flare that causes merged TOCs to break the Previous and Next buttons in the CHM output? If so, is there a workaround?
judyi
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Merged TOC breaks Previous and Next buttons in CHM outpu

Post by judyi »

Did you find a solution, or workaround, for this issue? We are experiencing the same problem with our Help systems.
barbs
Propeller Head

Re: Merged TOC breaks Previous and Next buttons in CHM outpu

Post by barbs »

Hello,

We are having this exact same problem. Were you able to figure out a workaround? Did MadCap Support get back to you with what is causing this issue? We would appreciate any suggestions you have to try and fix this.

'We hope to move to project importing at some point, but its likely a long ways down the road still, so we're stuck with project merging (and this issue) for the time being.

Thanks!
Barb