Newbie Question Header banners

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
cliopia
Jr. Propeller Head

Newbie Question Header banners

Post by cliopia »

Hello,

Very new to MadCap Flare 8 (and HAT in general) and these forums have been very helpful. My question relates to the best method for inserting a banner for my topic pages. This image banner is the same for all pages, but will change if it is online help (the CHM) vs. printed output (pdf). Thus far I have created my topics and applied style sheets, but there seem to be a variety of options to add the banners.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
owilkes
Propeller Head

Re: Newbie Question Header banners

Post by owilkes »

IMHO, we use Master Pages (for Webhelp) and Page Layouts (for PDF) - pick them in your target, and job done.

You can also specify different Master pages than the Target Master page, through the stylesheet in the html category.

Hope that helps.
cliopia
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Newbie Question Header banners

Post by cliopia »

Thank you for setting me on the right path. I think I was a bit thrown off because the default Content Explorer does not have a folder for Master Pages under Resources, only one for Page Layout - which doesn't work well for online output. As soon as you clarified that Master Pages were indeed available, I scouted further and found the key to creating them is under the Project Explorer > New menu. A few clicks later and the output was exactly what I needed.

Thanks again!