Topic not displaying when testing CSH API calls

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
Hilary Denham
Jr. Propeller Head

Topic not displaying when testing CSH API calls

Post by Hilary Denham »

Hi all

We have a compiled help system consisting of a master project and several ‘slaves’. For CSH purposes, the master project contains a header file for each slave and a single alias file, and we use ‘redirect’ topics in the master project to call each appropriate topic in the slaves.

I’ve just been trying to add a CSH link for a new slave project. As far as I can see I’ve set up everything for this link in the same way as for all the others, which all work perfectly well:
- Header file for new slave project
- Identifier in alias file
- Redirect topic to call corresponding topic in slave project

However, when I click Test CSH API Calls, nothing happens, not even a ‘Page cannot be displayed’ warning. I've checked the usual suspects (matching names of redirect topic and slave topic etc), but now I’m stumped. Any bright ideas?

Cheers
Hilary
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Topic not displaying when testing CSH API calls

Post by NorthEast »

I've no real suggestions, but I didn't understand:
- Why 'redirect' topics are used, and how they work with regards to the CSH calls.
- How your master and slave projects are set up - i.e. a project import, or a project merge.
Hilary Denham
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Topic not displaying when testing CSH API calls

Post by Hilary Denham »

Hi Dave

Thanks for the response. The project is a legacy one, imported from Robohelp back in the dark ages when Flare's capabilities and our knowledge were both more limited, and which probably could do with dismantling and reconstructing now, if only we ever had the time ... However, in the meantime I seem to have managed to resolve the issue myself - not quite sure how, but I'm sending it off quick now while the going's good, and will analyse in greater depth later!

Cheers
Hilary