Error message when build a .chm file Internal Error: The

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
Karl Rickelton
Jr. Propeller Head

Error message when build a .chm file Internal Error: The

Post by Karl Rickelton »

I am getting the following message when trying to build a chm file "Internal Error: The directory is not empty". When I click build, the error is displayed and a Content and Data folder are added to the output folder, these are both empty. Could anyone help me out with why this is happening? I've built 35 other .chm files that are part of the same help system and they've all been ok. jUst this one has decided to play up.

Cheers,

Karl.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Error message when build a .chm file Internal Error: The

Post by Nita Beck »

Hi Karl,

Welcome to the forums! :)

This was discussed recently here, with solution (or at least explanation about why the error occurs): http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... f=9&t=9076.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Karl Rickelton
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Karl Rickelton »

Hi Nita,

Thanks for the reply. I put the project on my C: drive and built from there just fine. I can't understand why this error occured though as I built another 31 projects that go to make up one large Help system without a problem. Anyway, it's done now, cheers for the advice.
Msquared
Propellus Maximus

Post by Msquared »

Just to say, in case it's relevant. I used to get this error occasionally, for both PDF and WebHelp targets. Usually if I waited a bit, and perhaps built something else in the meantime, it would clear.

But over the last few days, I've been getting repeated "User mapped section" errors when building instead. In a batch build of nine targets, four or five would fail, but not always the same ones. This turned out to be an interaction between Flare and my AV software (I'd updated my AV software around the time these errors started, and the others stopped). The solution was to disable virus checking below the /Output folder. All good after that.

Today, we changed our corporate AV software (well, we're trialling a new one, and I specifically asked to the part of the trial because of this problem). As yet, I still have AV checking enabled throughout, and in my test batch build, I had eight successes, and one failure with "Build failed: The directory is not empty." I've just completed another test batch build, and this time I have two failures, both "Failed: Could not find a part of the path". There is no obvious reason for any of these errors.

So I'm suspecting that Flare doesn't play nicely with AV software in the /Output folder, so if anyone still has problems, it may be worth disabling AV checking there. I'm going to get my system admin to do just that now for me.
Marjorie

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am.