.NET Framework

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
GeorgeBell
Sr. Propeller Head

.NET Framework

Post by GeorgeBell »

Apologies if this is the wrong Forum, but.....

When I right click on many images in Flare 9, I am getting an error pop up say that permission needs to be granted for this application, and to see my administrator or use the Microsoft .net Framework Configuration Tool.

Well I am an administrator, but have no clue what to do the fix this.

Would appreciate any suggestions as a search of the Forums hasn't revealed anything obvious.

George.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: .NET Framework

Post by RamonS »

Do you run Flare with administrative privileges? Right-click on the link on the desktop and select "Run as Administrator". If that fixes the problem you can set this permanently by right-clicking on the link on the desktop, select Properties, select the Compatibility tab, and then check the box "Run this program as an administrator" in the section "Privilege Level". Alternatively, you can log in with the Administrator account that by default is disabled. Having a user account that is in the Administrator group will not run applications as administrator automatically, but it will provide the option to do so.
The .NET Framework Configuration Tool is only included in the .NET runtimes 1.x - 3.x. Since Flare requires .NET 4.0 or later I am rather puzzled that it suggests using that tool. Maybe Microsoft left some old message text in the runtime.

If that doesn't fix it, where are the images stored? Are they in the project folder and is that folder on a local drive where you have full control over? I'm thinking along the lines of lacking permissions to read/write for the image or the topic/project, but then I'd expect that you run into way more issues.