Printing a single Topic

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
GeorgeBell
Sr. Propeller Head

Printing a single Topic

Post by GeorgeBell »

When I print out a "one-page" topic, I am getting two pages. The first page is simply the topic title. The second page is the actual topic, which includes the title.
I've clearly set something in error, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what I've done and how to fix this.
Any suggestions please?
Thank you.
Msquared
Propellus Maximus

Re: Printing a single Topic

Post by Msquared »

How are you printing out the single topic? Are you using Preview As, or do you have a print target with just that topic?

Is there any chance that you have specified a page layout that does not have a body frame? That can cause Flare to do all sorts of odd things to the output, including duplicating pages, so it's worth checking that before looking further.
Marjorie

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am.
GeorgeBell
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by GeorgeBell »

(Love your tag line!)

I'm printing from the .chm itself which has hundreds of Topics. It appears that page 1 is simply the title, and Page 2 the Topic. And it seems to be happening so far with 6 or 7 I've tried so far. None have printed purely the Topic.
Msquared
Propellus Maximus

Post by Msquared »

But sorry, I can't help. I don't know anything about how to set up printing from CHM output. I'm sure someone else will be able to help.
Marjorie

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Sounds to me that the heading style applied to the topic's title has been defined in your stylesheet (probably in the print medium) with the "page-break-after: always" attribute. Then again, I'm not sure given that you say the topic's title is being repeated.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!