Flare 10 and CHM formatting issues

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
dandam
Propeller Head

Flare 10 and CHM formatting issues

Post by dandam »

Anyone else having issues with Flare 10 compiling CHMs?

It seems to be adding extra space after certain paragraphs. I haven't determined the common traits, but it may have something to do with using formatting tags like <b> within <p></p> tags. Notice the extra margin added under "Tasks" and "See Also" below. That space wasn't there when compiling under Flare 9.

Top border removed from one of the panes in the HTML Help window. Notice above the header, "Users Overview", that the top border disappears from the HTML Help window.
Users Overview - Flare 10.png
I logged a bug but didn't zip up my project in the bug description. Maybe I'll need to do that...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt Danda
MadCap Advanced Developer (MAD)
Overland Park, KS
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare 10 and CHM formatting issues

Post by wclass »

Sorry - I've tested a few in V10 and they are compiling OK.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
dandam
Propeller Head

Post by dandam »

I discovered the following bug in V10:

The CHM compiler in V10 adds an extra space under the paragraph if the tag is like this:

<p class="Proc" MadCap:conditions="Default.WebOnly"><b>See also</b>
</p>

If I remove the "<b></b>" formatting tags, it compiles the same as in V9:
<p class="Proc" MadCap:conditions="Default.WebOnly">See also</p>

FYI:
Yes, it is bad form to use inline formatting tags. I was still in the process of building out the CSS while also writing topics, and the tags are leftover from those very early days learning and working with Flare. And, yes, technically I shouldn't use my p.Proc style for the "See also" headings, so I guess I'm all kinds of messed up here! :twisted:
Matt Danda
MadCap Advanced Developer (MAD)
Overland Park, KS
luvthepug
Propeller Head

Post by luvthepug »

I've also noticed the border missing in the content pane. The white background of the content pane extends too far at the top covering the bottom border of the toolbar. Does not look good.
A_S_L
Propeller Head

Post by A_S_L »

Re: Border at the top of topic pane

Is this an issue or is there a new setting in the stylesheet to control this? I'm stuck with CHM for a while longer and am currently tweaking my existing CSS so it looks the same using V10. Unfortunately I can't find a way around this border issue just now and it looks really poor.
curvymommy
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by curvymommy »

I solved the issue with the missing header line when I also solved a font formatting problem with the help of Madcap support. There is a new default setting in v10 that was causing our fonts to display incorrectly and the line to disappear. To resolve this issue, do this:

1. Open the HTML Help target file.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Clear the “Add meta tags to content” check box (it should be selected, as that is the default).
4. Save the target file.

Build your project. The line should appear at the top of the pane as it did in v9.