Flare 10 and CHM Font issues

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
Jim
Propeller Head

Flare 10 and CHM Font issues

Post by Jim »

I just upgraded to Flare 10 from 9.2, then compiled our projects to make sure it all still works.

What I noticed is that the fonts look different. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

In Flare 10,
* Paragraph spacing is decreased
* Font size has changed
* Bullet points are smaller

The font we are using on our topic pages is Segoe UI...not sure if that makes a difference.
curvymommy
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare 10 and CHM Font issues

Post by curvymommy »

I had this exact same issue, except we use Verdana. Turns out that there is a new default setting in v10 that was causing our fonts to display incorrectly. To resolve this issue, do this:

1. Open the HTML Help target file.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Clear the “Add meta tags to content” check box (it should be selected, as that is the default).
4. Save the target file.

Build your project. The fonts should all look correct now.

Hope this helps!
irag12
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare 10 and CHM Font issues

Post by irag12 »

The tabs available in CHM output are dictated more by Microsoft rather than Flare. The example image you show looks a lot like what RoboHelp could generate but only if the users all downloaded an ActiveX control (and security conscious admins often turn this option off).
Save your time and Brain Dumps in Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis and Android exams by using our latest University of Oxford and other superb exam pass resources of Youtube