Videos not showing in .chm file?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
lcence
Jr. Propeller Head

Videos not showing in .chm file?

Post by lcence »

Good morning - I've inserted hyperlinks to videos (.mp4 files) posted on Vimeo in multiple places throughout my project. These videos play within the help viewer just fine for me and on various other computers throughout my office. However, we had a new employee start this week and on his computer, he cannot play the videos from within the help file -- they show up, but when he presses play, they just hang and go nowhere. His setup seems comparable to mine - Windows 8.1, Internet Explorer 11, etc. Is there some sort of setting somewhere that may be causing this problem?

Thanks for any info ~ laura
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Videos not showing in .chm file?

Post by RamonS »

I'd take a look at the Internet Options and find any differences in configuration, especially when it comes to dynamic content and script execution.
lcence
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by lcence »

I've checked and compared every setting I can think of that relates to video playback, security, content, etc. to no avail. Anyone have any other thoughts on why I can't get videos to run on this one machine?

Thanks for anything ~ laura
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

Just guessing here but it could be a codec issue. I've not used Vimeo so I don't know exactly what they need.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne