Flare 10 and chm

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
Danelinho2
Jr. Propeller Head

Flare 10 and chm

Post by Danelinho2 »

Upgrading to Flare 10 has the following effect on the output (chm-file) (IE 11 is installed):

Font issues are different.
List formats (ol, ul) have a greater margin left (beginning in the middle of the topic).

To resolve this problem, I have done the following procedure:
1. Open the HTML Help target file.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Clear the “Add meta tags to content” check box (it should be selected, as that is the default).
4. Save the target file.

Now the output is fine, but in the xml-editor (also in the preview) the ordered and unordered lists have a greater 'margin left'. What you see isn't anymore that, what get. (In the css-file we have for the ol- and ul-tag a margin left of 18 pt)

Has anyone a good idea?
EileenP
Propeller Head

Re: Flare 10 and chm

Post by EileenP »

It's been a long time since you posted. I wonder if you resolved the problem.

I had the same problem and opened a Support case. As a result I got an explanation & solution that I didn't really understand:
"...it looks like the scripts in your project are causing the spacing. In order for the bullets to match the preview, you would need to include the meta tag information in the target, although having less indentation can be resolved in the XML/Preview by removing some of the margin-left setting from either your UL or LI tags."
I don't understand what to do here, so I just learned to live with the XML Editor and Preview not matching the actual output. :-/

We subsequently discovered that the indentation of bullets and numbered lists appeared different when viewed on different operating systems! On Windows 8, the numbered lists were so little indented that if there were more than 9 steps, the first digit of the 2-digit step number was not displayed. That's certainly worth checking....