CSH with bookmarks generating warnings, yet working OK

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
MC Hammer
Sr. Propeller Head

CSH with bookmarks generating warnings, yet working OK

Post by MC Hammer »

Hello everyone,
We sometimes use context-sensitive help on bookmarks whenever there are dialog or forms in our software with several tabs as we want to direct the users to the correct place in the topic whenever they are looking for help.
We have been noticing that whenever the context-sensitive help is implemented at bookmark level ("select bookmark from the assigned topic" button used in the Alias editor), a warning was generated in the log at compilation time.

Syntax is of the type:

Code: Select all

HHC3015: Warning: An alias has been created to "HTML/ContainingFolder/TopicName#Bookmark" but the file does not exist 
Please note that these warnings are displayed in the Messages tab of the log file, not the Warnings tab.

The file exists and so does the bookmark :cry:
The CSH is fine when the F1 button is pressed on the tabs of the dialogs, so why are warnings being generated and is there a means of getting rid of them?

If I change the CSH link and remove the bookmark (i.e. if I link to the topic itself), no warning is generated.

I am unsure whether these warnings started to occur since we upgraded to Flare 10.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Marie-Claire
Flare 2019 r2 - Windows 10 Pro - HTML5 help / "clean" XHTML output