Can't swap-in .chm's for a Runtime merge?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
MarcusA
Jr. Propeller Head

Can't swap-in .chm's for a Runtime merge?

Post by MarcusA »

We make available to our clients the ability to replace a subordinate.chm file so that it shows up in our vendor supplied Master.chm navigation panel. That way users can access their own documentation set from within our vendor supplied help file. We supply a 'dummy' subordindate.chm which they replace with their own, as long as they call it the same name, subordindate.chm.

At least, this used to work, prior to migrating all of our .chm projects into Flare. Now, when a customer creates their own subordindate.chm file, our Master.chm doesn't recognize it during runtime, despite having the correct name and being in the correct location. I've tested different subordindate.chm files and Master.chm now only recognizes those made by Flare, none from other products.

So it appears you can't replace a HTML Help file with another, even though it's correctly named for runtime merging, unless it's been made by Flare.

Is this correct or have I missed something?

I'm now wondering if we should remove the ability for our customers to "runtime merge" their own .chm help file with our Master help file.
ashb
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Can't swap-in .chm's for a Runtime merge?

Post by ashb »

Hi Marcus,

Did you ever get an answer to this question?