Linking to bookmarks within a table

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
Techno
Sr. Propeller Head

Linking to bookmarks within a table

Post by Techno »

I'm having a very senior moment, so hope some kind soul will rescue me. Flare Version 10.2.2

I have a Topic which contains a Table of around 200 special Codes, together with a detailed explanation of how each Code is used.

I then have around 150 individual Language Topics in which reference is made to what Codes may be used.

I would like to be able to create links from the Code(s) in the Language Topics to the specific Code within the Code Table.

I can see how to link to the Code Topic, but not the specific Code within the table.

Can this in fact be done?
George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Linking to bookmarks within a table

Post by Nita Beck »

Sounds like you need to create bookmarks within the Code table. Then in a Language topic, you can link (I suggest you use cross-references) to the topic that holds the Code table and then to the specific bookmark for that same code. (If you've forgotten how to link to a bookmark, when you've got the insert hyperlink or cross-reference window open and have selected the topic that holds the Code table, look for the little bookmark icon about halfway down the window. Click that and then select the bookmark... You can take it from there.)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Techno
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Linking to bookmarks within a table

Post by Techno »

Bless you Nita! I was almost there too!

However, I may have found what could be a minor? bug. Having added the link to the appropriate Bookmark, and even SAVED the Topic, it still only links to the Codes Topic.

Until...... I rebuild the Project. The link will then work within Flare as well as from within the CHM itself.

I'll test further, but it's enough of a pain for me to have extra work with so many to do within each of the Language Topics.

Thanks again,

George
George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd., U.K.