Exclude SkinSupport Javascript files in CHM

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
Sonja
Jr. Propeller Head

Exclude SkinSupport Javascript files in CHM

Post by Sonja »

I am testing Flare, but I have a CHM size problem - the FLARE compiled CHM files are bigger than our former CHM files (about 150 additionnal kB are added to each file, and we have 1000 of them).
The additional size is due to the presence of the following Javascript files, inside the compiled CHMs:
MadCapUtilities.js, jquery.js, MadCapAliasFile.js, MadCapBody.js, MadCapBodyEnd.js, MadCapGlobal.js, MadCapHighlighter.js, MadCapMerging.js, MadCapSlideshow.js.
I do not think they are necessary for HTML Help output, they seem to be SkinSupport files for other types of output (Webhelp etc.); we tested that by replacing the existing JS files by empty ones, in the Flare installation folder. Compilation works fine, size decreased to what we had before, CHMs opening and displaying normally without error messages (but we get a JS error message in Flare now when opening the project...). We do not want to use this "shaky" workaround for production...
Is there anybody who had the same problem? Do you know of a way of telling Flare not to include those "SkinSupport" files when generating CHM output? There is a similar option (in the Target Editor > Performance), but available for other types of online output only, not for HTML Help output... I've also had a close look at all the options in the Skin editor, but without success...
Thanks!
lcarver
Propeller Head

Re: Exclude SkinSupport Javascript files in CHM

Post by lcarver »

I am also curious about this. Did you ever find a solution?