F1 links from an editor to my CHM no longer work (Solved)

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

F1 links from an editor to my CHM no longer work (Solved)

Post by BedfordWriter »

Hi,
I build a .CHM version of our help files because the programmers use it with their favourite text editor. They register it with the editor, then when they highlight a word and press F1, the text editor will open my .CHM file, check the index (not the alias), find the matching link and open the topic. It's always worked perfectly.

Until the most recent Flare update. Now what happens is that the text editor opens the new .CHM, checks the index, finds the keyword and stops. It no longer goes the extra step of opening the topic.

Same project files, so I'm guessing that a setting changed in Flare. Decompiling and comparing the .HHP files, the only difference I see is that in the list of options, Full-text search=Yes is missing. I have no idea where that setting is controlled in the Flare project, and it seems unlikely that it would be the cause of my problem.

Any ideas out there?
Last edited by BedfordWriter on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: F1 links from an editor to my CHM no longer work

Post by wclass »

I'm not sure but will take a guess. Some index and search settings are set in the skin as well as the target.
Have a look at the skin you are using for the CHM target and look on the HTML Help Setup tab. There is a button called "Index Options..." that you might need to investigate.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: F1 links from an editor to my CHM no longer work

Post by BedfordWriter »

Thanks, but nope.

Took all morning before I saw it: The problem turned out to be that ITCC.dll was not loaded on this new machine.

You'd think that would be done automatically during the installation.