Merged TOC and index

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
ashb
Jr. Propeller Head

Merged TOC and index

Post by ashb »

Hi,

I've just converted several projects from RoboHelp to Flare, and I'm having problems getting them to merge correctly. I have a parent project and around 24 child projects.

I merged the projects by rebuilding the parent and linking to the child projects through the TOC editor. And I selected the "Display merged navigation in HTML Help" check box in the Target Editor for the parent project.

First the index didn't merge, but Madcap Support helped me resolve that by registering a .DLL file.

Then the child projects were showing only their own TOCs. Previously each child project displayed all of the TOCs.

I fixed that by adding a merge.txt file with a list of all of the CHM files to the root folder of each project. That fixed the problem with the TOCs, but it has broken the merged index. The child projects are now showing only their own index files.

Is it possible to have both a merged index and TOC at the same time?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Merged TOC and index

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

I would like to bring the following thread to your attention:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27047&p=119300&hilit=index#p119300
It's about new projects, still it has helped me to get my index working in Flare with my merged D2H projects.

Paul Pehrson suggests:
Create a new topic. In the topic add every index key word from your project. Mark this topic with a condition that never gets published with the project (so it doesn't accidentally get into your online output with a false index link).
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)