CSH IDs for CHM

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

CSH IDs for CHM

Post by doc_guy »

Hey all,

I've not worked with CHM files much lately, and I have a question that I'm hoping one of you can answer.

I have a client who has CHM files that were generated through Frame/Webworks and have CSH IDs.

The client wants to generate from Flare to CSH, and wants to maintain the CSH IDs so the developers don't need to make any changes to their code.

I assume that they can generate an alias file in Flare that matches the same CSH ID aliases used in WebWorks, and the CSH calls should work like they did before without any code changes to the customer's application. Is that a safe assumption?

Thanks for your insight.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: CSH IDs for CHM

Post by Nita Beck »

I *think* that's right. Certainly the map IDs (sorry, old RoboHelp habit) should be fine. But I have a teeny, tiny, itzy, bitzy concern that the s/w devs will have to something ever so teeny, tiny, itzy, bitzy to the app to call the new CHM correctly. I thought that someone had written about that here on the forums sometime within the last year, but I can't find any post reporting that particular problem.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: CSH IDs for CHM

Post by RamonS »

Having done a Frame/WebWorks to Flare conversion recently, the map IDs are retained in import. At least that was the case for my project. You may want to try an import and compile (without cleanup as long as Flare generates output) and drop the Flare generated CHM in. If you are as lucky as I was you may not even need to do a single thing.