Error displays in output for links based on FMCToggler

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
a_keann
Jr. Propeller Head

Error displays in output for links based on FMCToggler

Post by a_keann »

I inherited a project that has strange and inconsistent behavior concerning links that are based on FMCToggler. After compiling the help in Flare 12, I noticed that an error message appears for all links throughout the CHM file that use the following code:

<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="FMCToggler( this ); return false;" class="MCToggler_0" MadCap:targets="t15">Adobe PDF (*.PDF)</a>
</p>
<div MadCap:targetName="t15" style="display: none;"> etc., etc.

Where in this case, the linked text "Adobe PDF (*.PDF)" points to the MC target "t15".

I have one topic in which there are 16 of these links, and I tested using dropdown text instead on the first link in the topic and recompiled. The dropdown text worked fine, but then so did the rest of the links (i.e, 15 links) based on the toggler. Consequently, I can work around this by adding a dropdown/expanding link that doesn't have any text in it (I can live with the dropdown icon in the text that doesn't do anything if I have to), but I have a feeling there must be a more general issue that is not being addressed.

FYI, the error that is displayed is a script error and basically reads,
"An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: xx
Char: yy
Error: The value of the property 'FMCToggler" is null or undefined, not a Function object
Code: 0
URL: (a URL is displayed but it is not complete)

And ending with the question, "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"

Any ideas?