Displaying new TOC if linking from one CHM to another

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
cburnett
Jr. Propeller Head

Displaying new TOC if linking from one CHM to another

Post by cburnett »

Here's my scenario:

I have two CHM files, which we'll call A and B. These CHM files are created from two separate targets in my Flare project. One of the topics in A links to one of the topics in B. If I open A and click on the link, the desired topic in B opens up properly, but the TOC that is displayed on the left side of the HTML Help window remains the TOC for A. Is there any way in Flare to set it so that following a link from one CHM file to another will change the displayed TOC to match the newly opened CHM? I've tried all kinds of settings and linking styles and I can't seem to make it work.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Displaying new TOC if linking from one CHM to another

Post by Psider »

Maybe you could set the link to open in a new window? It's been a long time since I've used chms though.
cburnett
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by cburnett »

Psider wrote:Maybe you could set the link to open in a new window? It's been a long time since I've used chms though.
Yeah I tried that...doing that opens the topic in an Internet Explorer window with no TOC for some reason.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

hmm, maybe you have to use the chm name like projectb.chm://path\to\topic.htm? (i forget which way around the slashes go)