Removing Images

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
Robert Hardy
Propeller Head

Removing Images

Post by Robert Hardy »

Hello All,
I am using v1.12 and modding an existing file. As part of this I need to remove all the old images and replace them with different ones, is there any easy way ?.
I am currently looking at deleting them one by one from the content explorer, but...

Thanks in anticipation folks.

ps. Technical Authors are like superheroes... Always out writing wrongs.
Never underestimate the power of a woman - especially her right cross
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Re: Removing Images

Post by lacastle »

Another option would be saving new images to the same names as the existing ones so that they update automatically. (just make sure it still applies to that topic.)
Robert Hardy
Propeller Head

Post by Robert Hardy »

Thanks for the reply Laura, I found a way by accident this morning.
I was deleting the images one by one an accidently clicked on the Images folder and deleted that, so I went into the project Content - Resources folder and added a new empty images folder and put the new images in there.
BTW - re-naming the old images was not really an option in this case, the new names would have been too misleading - it was one of THOSE projects where "it's nearly the same as last time" - yeah ok!!.
Never underestimate the power of a woman - especially her right cross
MikeKatz
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by MikeKatz »

Robert Hardy wrote:Thanks for the reply Laura, I found a way by accident this morning.
I was deleting the images one by one an accidently clicked on the Images folder and deleted that, so I went into the project Content - Resources folder and added a new empty images folder and put the new images in there.
BTW - re-naming the old images was not really an option in this case, the new names would have been too misleading - it was one of THOSE projects where "it's nearly the same as last time" - yeah ok!!.
Hi Robert

For the future, Laura's method works perfectly, I use it often. Unless you still need the older images, just overwrite the old image files with the newer ones, and they update in realtime in the topic.

Also, by the way, Flare is intelligent when you delete images, and it checks whether the image is in use in the project. So, for example, if you delete a topic, you can then delete an image and it will tell you if the image is still in use.
Mike