NewWindow error in CHM output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
Diana_BB
Sr. Propeller Head

NewWindow error in CHM output

Post by Diana_BB »

Of course, I have to have this doc to my developer this morning for a build, but one topic in the CHM shows a NewWindow error message. No other topics are affected.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

Diana
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: NewWindow error in CHM output

Post by KevinDAmery »

Check the targets of the hyperlinks in that topic to make sure they are pointing to the correct window type.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
Diana_BB
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Diana_BB »

Kevin,
Thanks for the quick response. The topic has one hyperlink to a popup. The target frame is Popup Window.

The code around the popup is cluttered with old RoboHelp tags and java scripts. When I delete those, the topic gets a debug error.

I also tested by removing the popup and regenerating the CHM. It gets the same error in just that topic as before.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Diana
Diana_BB
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Diana_BB »

I found a fix.

I created a new topic and copied the content from the corrupted topic (avoiding the javascripts left over from RH). It works!

This project went through RH7, so I'm sure that didn't help.

Thanks!
Diana
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

For reference, it has something to do with the scripts RH used to do pop-ups, and how "windows" in RH are converted to skins in Flare. Removing the reference to the script from the code solved the problem for us - has the same affect as copy/paste to a new topic.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

Also Flare has not been tested with RoboHelp 7, So those projects when being imported into Flare maybe not import correctly.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
Diana_BB
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Diana_BB »

Thanks, Margaret! I'll include your tip in a list of things we have as we move our RH projectst to Flare.

Richard,
This particular project has been a "fun" one. <Loads of sarcasm there> It was a project that I used when I was a RH7 beta tester--just before I decided to go the MadCap route. I learned very quickly that Flare 3 didn't like it since the timing of the software releases wouldn't have allowed for that. I jumped through a few hoops to move the project back to RH6, but that wasn't very clean either.

So I'm cleaning up the last of the obvious RH7 junk. The popups and that window link were ones I hadn't expected.

Thanks for all your help!

Diana