Heading in Master Page

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
benone
Propeller Head

Heading in Master Page

Post by benone »

Hi,
I am new to Madcap Flare and have a question. When i create a webhelp out put file, is that possible to place heading automatically in the header.
For instance if i am clicking on a heading, that particular heading should be placed in header of the master page.
Would appriciate if someonce could answer this.URJENT....
Thnkq in adv

Chris
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Heading in Master Page

Post by KevinDAmery »

Sorry, I'm not clear what you're trying to do--do you mean you want the topic to change when someone clicks on a heading?
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

It's not clear exactly what headers you are clicking on. Maybe we can work out what you want with a few possible suggestions ...

If you mean you want the topic title or file name to show at the top of each page, you can add variables to your master page - select "Insert > Variable ..." and have a look at the system variables.

On the other hand, if you mean the title bar of the browser that displays the help, or the CHM viewer, you need to set that in the Caption of the skin, but I don't think you can get it to change each for each topic.

Or are you possibly talking about when you create topics and want information put into the <title> tag of the topic? This defaults to the first H1 level heading. You have to add title tags using the topic Properties dialog at the moment.

Is the problem when you are creating topics, or when you are viewing the output?
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
benone
Propeller Head

Post by benone »

I really appricaiate for your time on this.i would rather be more clear this time.
The Q i was asking was
Based on the Topic heading we click from TOC, can the respective heading be reflected on header(in Master pager).
EX:
Sample.PNG
hope my question is more clear now. Can u tell me how to achieve this with an example if possible.
Thanq in advance.
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

Margaret's first suggestion would do it, then. What you would do is insert the Title variable into your Master Page in the position you're specifying (you might need to use a table to position it). The Title variable can be found in the System group when you tell Flare to insert a variable.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
benone
Propeller Head

Post by benone »

Thank you for the answer it worked out well........ :D