Default Madcap Toggler Image

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
tems
Propeller Head

Default Madcap Toggler Image

Post by tems »

Is there a way for us to change the arrow right/down image the Madcap Toggler uses? I'd like to use something slightly larger, with a more-defined arrow. For those of us with aging eyes, that arrow is a little hard to make out.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Default Madcap Toggler Image

Post by LTinker68 »

You can make your own graphic images (one for "on" and one for "off") and then specify those graphics in the stylesheet instead of the default ones. I believe when you click on the toggler style in the stylesheet then it will automatically open the Unclassified category on the right, but if not, open that category, then scroll down and you'll see two fields set with the path to the default images. Change those two fields, save the stylesheet, and rebuild the project.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

You can get creative with this as well. For example, I've replaced it with our company logo in two different colours (one colour for open, another for closed).
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
tems
Propeller Head

Post by tems »

Thanks--I hadn't realized there was that much flexibility with this feature.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

I have multiple classes of togglers. One uses a dark green color for the icon background and is used at the top of the topics (I use it for a "View all screenshots" toggler). Another toggler class uses a dark red color for the toggler and is used for individual ("View the screenshot") togglers. A third class uses a dark blue color and is used in place of drop-down text effects. (I prefer using togglers over using drop-down text effects.)

Each of those classes can have totally different images for the togglers, different fonts, different spacing, etc. So you can be very flexible with togglers.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
ariestav
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by ariestav »

I can see the image paths in the "Unclassified" group for the Toggler's style, but that looks like the images that are used when you build for HTML or Web. I would like to customize both Toggler images for the CHM output as well. How can I do this in Flare?