Where do you publish Flare content?

MadCap Pulse is the only documentation-centric social collaboration platform that enables technical authors to create a complete social layer around their documentation in order to connect, collaborate and share knowledge with authors, employees and customers.
dcarlile
Jr. Propeller Head

Where do you publish Flare content?

Post by dcarlile »

This may seem like a silly question, but something is not working so I have to ask it. Can someone tell me where to publish my Flare content? Do I publish into the same virtual root as Pulse? I tried that and it didn't work. Do I create another virtual root to publish my content? Or do I publish into the same VR as Pulse?

Something else might not be configured correctly, but the directions aren't clear on where to publish so I started troubleshooting here. I'm also curious about the order of things....I *believe* I set up the Server first and then publish. But it occurred to me that maybe the content should already be in the virtual root before I configure Pulse? I haven't tried that yet.

If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks much!
rob hollinger
Propellus Maximus

Re: Where do you publish Flare content?

Post by rob hollinger »

The content does not need to be on the pulse server.
It can be on your local machine or any machine that has access to the Pulse server (website).

Pulse needs to be installed and working first prior to setting up the target in Flare.
Once you can log into your pulse website, then set up the target in Flare > Build > View.

There are some topics in our KB that could help with troubleshooting Pulse:
http://kb.madcapsoftware.com/
Rob Hollinger
MadCap Software