Rating stars don't appear for external visitors

MadCap Pulse is the only documentation-centric social collaboration platform that enables technical authors to create a complete social layer around their documentation in order to connect, collaborate and share knowledge with authors, employees and customers.
jcatlin
Propeller Head

Rating stars don't appear for external visitors

Post by jcatlin »

We successfully got Pulse up and running on our Production server for WebHelp. We have chosen not to enable the "Community" functionality for customers as we do not want people uploading files (especially videos). So, the whole "discussion board" aspect does not appear. We just want the reports and the star rating system, for now.

I was pumped that we got it to work last week. The reports receive data, and the stars appear when you bring up a page. So, when we are at work and go to our WebHelp page (mpay.com/webhelp), we see the stars in the toolbar. However, when we're at home, no stars. Hmpf.

Does anyone understand what's going on? I would really like to have our customers rate the pages through Pulse. If stars do not appear because the rest of the Community stuff is disabled for customers, then I'll look for another rating system until MadCap can fine-tune the granularity of Pulse's security.

Thanks in advance.
“It’s not what you achieve in life that matters most, but who you become in the process of those achievements.” ~ Curtis Martin
Be well. Be grateful. Be positive.